Photon Induced Photoacoustic Streaming (PIPS)
The Biggest Endodontic Advancement in Decades!
Effective , Fast, Minimally Invasive Therapy.
- Extremely hight sucess rate with no need to repeat procedures
- No more physical strain associated with conventional root canal cleaning
- Minimal filing
- Preserves much more tooth endoskeleton
- Faster, safer, and more efficient
This photo of a cleared human tooth shows a complicated canal system thoroughly cleaned using PIPS®. This tooth had five portals of exit
What is Photo Induced Photoacoustic Streaming (PIPS™)?
PIPS™ harnesses the power of the LightWalker proprietary, digitally-pulsed Er:YAG laser to create sub-ablative, photoacoustic shock waves within the cleaning and debriding solutions introduced in the canal. The containment of the shockwaves thoroughly streams these solutions three-dimensionally through the entire canal system, enhancing their effectiveness. The canals and subcanals are left clean and the dentinal tubules are free of smear layer. PIPS™ is equally effective for final water rinsing prior to obturation. With PIPS™ practitioners are able to offer patients faster, safer and more effective root canal treatments.
Following PIPS™ endo laser treatment, the opening to the lateral canals are free of smear layer
How is PIPS™ Therapy Applied?
- Access the canal with the Er:YAG laser
- Minimally Invasive Instrumentation to preserve the tooth endoskeleton for improved strength, integrity, and longevity.
- PIPS™ the canal with the LightWalker Er:YAG laser using the simple PIPS™ procedure protocol
- Obturate as you normally would or nwith advanced endodontic filling resins such as EndoREZ EndoREZ® from UltraDent®
PIPS™ tip inserted into the coronal aspect of the tooth only